Thursday, December 13, 2018

12/8 From Paradise Island Landing to Remley's Point

It was a cold day my friend....

Seriously it was really cold. We didn't see 50 degrees which wasn't a problem except for my hands. Early in the cruise Morgan being as strong as he is broke his rudder controls which left me steering for the majority of the trip and I learned something. When surfing in the waves they break right over the sides in the back and temporarily flood the cockpit. Of course the boat is self bailing but when your hand is on the rudder control on the side of the boat it stays wet and cold.

We believe the rudder was stiff because we didn't have it locked down. We'll test this next time.

The other thing I will say is that when the wind blows the boat moves. Kinda pin you in your seat acceleration. Pretty fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment